Tuesday, June 14, 2011

New York Senator Roy McDonald Comes Out In Favor Of Marriage Equality Bill!

Today, New York Republican State Senator Roy McDonald has come out in favor of the marriage equality legislation proposed by Governor Cuomo. This makes him the 31st vote and second Republican in the past two days to publicly support the bill. As quoted by the Times Union


"I’m trying to do the right thing,” he said. “Rather than wait I worked with the governor…I’m not out to alienate anybody. This is driven by compassion.”
“My lifestyle is my lifestyle — I don’t want anyone telling me or my children what to do,” he said. “We’ve got 20 million people in this state…we can’t be paralyzed by social issues.”
“It’s my own evolution,” he said. “I think there’s going to be a vote on Friday.”
Friends, we are now only one vote shy of making this happen!! If you haven't already done so, call your State Senator and let them know how you feel! We need only one more Republican, which I think will be Senator Ball - as he is for the bill as long as it includes strong religious protections.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails